This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

6 Wire throttle connection problem to Brush motor controller

So, my throttle line looks like this, and my old motor controller had a hook in.. this one seems to not.

This was the throttle:

I connected the red and black because I assumed positive and negative power.
The white being closest to the power I attached to the blue line.

What I have left is a purple(brown?), green and yellow wire

The remaining labeled parts from the motor controller:

Unlabeled parts::

its a 48 V Sunwin brushless motor controller, thumb throttle.
Any help to get this thing working would be greatly appreciated.

We are not familiar with that throttle in the first photo which has 6 wires (black, red, white, yellow, brown, green) and black 6-terminal connector so unfortunately, we do not have wiring directions for it. The only solution that we could provide would be to replace the original throttle with a new one that has wiring directions available for it which could be matched up to the wiring directions for the new controller. 

If we had wiring directions (pinout) for both the throttle and controller then we could advise on how to properly connect those two parts together.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

No automatic alt text available.

The throttle could be wired to the controller as indicated below and the throttle switch would act as the main power switch.

Or the throttle could be wired to the controller as indicated below and the throttle switch would act as a high/low power limiter switch.

Login or Signup to post a comment