This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor Ground Force Drifter has power but wont engage

I need some help with my Razor Drifter.  It has a full charge but when the throttle is hit it does not move.  I dont here a click in the throttle when engaged either.  Would this be the controller?  Please help.  Thanks

Some testing will need to be performed to help determine which part is causing the problem.

A good place to start is to turn the power switch on and look at the throttle to see if any of its battery indicator lights are on. If the throttle's battery indicator lights are on then the fuse, power switch, and battery pack wiring harness are working.

If the throttle's "Full" light is on that indicates that the battery pack's no-load Voltage is sufficient to run the go-kart. Next push the throttle lever to its full throttle position while watching battery indicator lights. If during this test the "Full" light turns off, then the battery pack is dropping too much Voltage under load and is likely to be the cause of the problem. Further under-load battery pack Voltage testing with a multimeter could be performed to be 100% certain that the battery pack is causing the problem. If the battery pack Voltage drops under 22 Volts then that would confirm that the battery pack is bad. 

If the "Full" light remains on during the test then the problem could be with the brake switch, throttle, controller, or motor. 

The next step is to unplug the brake lever switch connector from the controller and then see if the go-kart runs then. If that solves the problem then the brake lever has a bad switch. If that does not solve the problem then the problem could be the throttle, controller or motor. 

The motor can be tested by unplugging it from the controller and wiring to the battery pack or to a spare battery if you have one laying around. If the motor spins during this test then it is working.

If the motor works then the problem has been narrowed down to the throttle or controller. Both of these parts could be replaced at the same time, or the throttle could be tested to determine which part is faulty. For throttle testing instructions please see the 4-wire and 6-wire testing guides attached below and use the guide for whichever throttle the go-kart has.

Please let us know how it goes. 

pdf
pdf
Thank you, I will do some testing and message back.

Login or Signup to post a comment