This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Electric Scooter Parts Guidelines

Hi! I am building an electric scooter from scratch. I am not very experienced, so I would like some help. I was hoping that this would be able to go 20-25 mph on off-road and on-road. I am kinda basing this off of a razor mx500 dirt bike, except this will hopefully be a scooter. What exactly would i need? 

- 36v 500w motor?

- drumbrakes?

- 3 12v 12ah batteries?

- throttle?

- power switch?

-front fork?

-key switch ?

-rear suspension shock?

-mx500 front and rear wheels?

-kickstand?

-#25 chain?

what about charging?

If anyone could help me, that would be great. I have attached what I am envisioning the scooter to look like. If ANYONE could help me, I would be so grateful! 

In order for the scooter to go 20-25 MPH it will need a 1000 Watt motor. A 500 Watt motor could only propel it to around 10-15 MPH. As far as a list of parts needed to fabricate the scooter goes it will be easiest to break the parts down into two categories; electrical parts and running gear parts.

Electrical parts:
  • Motor
  • Controller
  • Throttle
  • Power Switch
  • Battery Pack
  • Battery Charger

Running gear parts:

• Handlebars
  • Forks
  • Frame
  • Suspension
  • Wheels
  • Brakes
  • Chain

I can primarily help you with the electrical parts of the build. I can make a kit with the electrical parts that are needed. 1000 Watt motors are available in 36 Volt, 48 Volt, and 60 Volt versions. The Voltage does not affect the power of the motor, only the Wattage does. A 36 Volt system uses three batteries, a 48 Volt uses four batteries, and a 60 Volt uses five batteries. Do you know how many Volts you would like the system to be?

A 36 volt would be fine! Thank you so much for your help! A kit would be great!
My vehicle has four wheels and two of them have traction ( a motor with brush on each wheel ) . Everywhere control was lost and do not know what to buy and how to connect the two engines as when making a turn will require one of the wheels rotate faster than the other. I think of putting two speed controllers , one for each motor. There is an unidentified component that is coupled to the steering lever . This component sends a signal to the speed controllers causing a motor rotate unless another during a turn ( the wheel is within a radius smaller than the outside) , Can you help me ? This vehicle looks like a Segway but has four wheels and is not self- balanced . This text was translated by Google .
PNG
I understand what you want to accomplish with your vehicle however I do not know of any type of throttle control that will attach to the steering column which will send signals to two different controllers to make the two drive wheels turn the scooter.

The scooter in the photo you attached uses the two smaller rear wheels to turn the vehicle, and applied equal power to both drive wheels during turns. If you want the scooter to use the two fixed position front drive wheels for turning then an electronic control system may need to be designed from the ground up to accomplish that since off the shelf parts are not available.

Hello ! I am still quite interested in an electric kit that would help organize all the items i plan on purchasing here 

I can make a kit. How many Watts do you want the 36 Volt motor to be?

Login or Signup to post a comment