This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Battery Help

I am working on a design for a prototype. I was wondering if it is possible to wire a parallel battery pack consisting of 3-12v / 20ah which would equate to 12v-60ah, to another battery pack that is exactly the same through a capacitor to create 24v-120ah. Wiring parallel sacrifices voltage and wiring in series sacrifices ah. Is there a way around this or do I have to just buy 24v batteries and wire parallel to increase ah? I need 24v, however will also need a significant ah run time of 6 hours or so for my application. The above is just an example with ah until i decide exactly what size motor to use. Can anyone shed some light? I have tried to find my answer via research but cannot seem to do so.

You can create a 24 Volt battery pack out of any even number of 12 Volt batteries. To do so simply make multiple 24 Volt battery packs from two 12 Volt batteries wired in series and and then wire those 24 Volt battery packs in parallel. No capacitor will be necessary or is recommended for this type of series-parallel battery pack. Here is an example of a 24 Volt 80Ah battery pack made from eight 12 Volt 20Ah batteries.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment