This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Electric Medieval Cart

Hello,

I need to build 4 electric cart for a Medieval site.

These cart will be running for about 8 hour / day stop and go for a total of not more than 5 miles per day.

It is going to be use for garbage collecting around this site and must look like medieval wooden cart pull by a men so not more than 4 mph speed.

Also it will climb small hills, the biggest is 300 ft 12 degresangle.

It will never carry more than 500 lbs due to its small capacity, 3ft by 6 ft wooden platform.

I was looking for a 48V system with more battery capacity.

Need it to be hand throttle and the wheels will be around 30 inch diameter.

Can you guy build a custom kit for this app or you have something already like the  Kit-145 

And also what would be the price on 4 kit ?

thx

Michel Julien

We have a wide variety of kits for beach wagons and beach carts which would work equally as well for a medieval themed festival cart. These kits can be found on this page:

https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=beach+kit

A kit like KIT-145 with a 24 Volt 350 Watt gear motor geared for a 4 MPH top speed would have just enough power for a cart that weighs 500-600 pounds to travel up a 12 degree hill. If you want the carts to be able to handle heavier loads, or go up steeper slopes then I would use a 36 Volt 600 Watt gear motor though. We do not carry 48 Volt gear motors, so either a 24 Volt or 36 Volt gear motor will need to be used instead, however a 24 Volt or 36 Volt battery pack can be made to provide plenty of run time for your application. For even more power we have kits available with 1000 watt motors.

For a 4 MPH top speed the chain sprocket for a 30" wheel would need to be 100 tooth for the 350 Watt motor or 110 tooth for the 600 Watt motor. We make custom sprockets which can be ordered on this page:

https://electricscooterparts.com/custom-made-sprockets.html

However, the largest sprocket for #410 or #420 chain that we can make is 90 teeth which has an outside diameter of 14.618".

So what I recommend is installing a jackshaft kit which we sell on this page:

https://electricscooterparts.com/jackshaft-kits-420-chain.html

And then using the appropriate size axle sprocket which will be smaller than 90 teeth. 

We have a jackshaft gear ratio calculator on this page which can be used to determine which size sprockets to use:

https://electricscooterparts.com/motor-jackshaft-wheel-gear-ratio.html

I can start working on a kit for your project and then get you a price quote. Do you have a preference towards a 350 Watt or 600 Watt motor?

Hello

Sorry i did'nt see the reply, for sure i prefer the 600w.

For the sprocket i was thinking of a small gearbox, lets say 3 for 1  that should reduce the sprocket size to something like 35 thooth

I send a pic of what it should look like

Thx

I figure that if the cart is running at 3 MPH for five miles per day then it will need to have around two hours of run time. For that amount of run time I recommend using three 12 Volt 35Ah batteries for the battery pack.

Using a gear box or jackshaft sounds like a good idea to me, I did not think about how using a 100 tooth sprocket would not look right on a medieval cart. A 35 tooth sprocket would be closer to the wheel hub size so it would not be as noticeable. I am not sure where to source a gearbox however I have seen jackshafts available at stores that sell go-kart and mini bike parts.

For a kit with a 36V 600W gear motor, 36V controller, three 12V 35Ah batteries, battery charger, and throttle the price would be around $500.00. If you purchase four of these kits then we could give a 10% discount so they would be around $450 each. Here is the parts and price breakdown.

Motor $149.95 x1

Batteries $79.95 x3

Charger $99.95 x1

Throttle $19.95 x1

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you would like for me to go ahead and make a kit for this project.

Hello again 

I think i made up my mind following the customer needs.

Can you tell me what you think about building a kit with thise parts and wath would be the price ?:

• Item # MOT-36600PL 36 Volt 600 Watt Planetary Gear Motor with Cooling Fan
  • CT-660B9 36V 1000W Electric Scooter Speed Controller
  • All the hardware, breaker, wires,switch and throttle( thumb if available)
  • 15-120 Volt DC LED Digital Voltmeter  
  • i would also need a break set (handle, cable rotor, pad and caliper)
I will be ready to order 2 kits as soon as we are set.
For the battery i already have them
Thx 

We have a thumb throttle that I will include with the kit.

I will start working on this kit and give you a price quote. I need to ask one question first before I make the kit. We have panel mount power switches and power switches that mount onto 7/8" OD handlebars. Which type of power switch do you prefer?

Hello

I prefer the panel mount

thx

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. Here is a price quote for the kit:

MOT-36600PL Motor $179.95 x1

SPD-CT660B9 Controller $54.95 x1

THR-38 Thumb Throttle $19.95 x1

SWT-100 Panel Mount Power Switch $4.95 x1

HNS-105 36 Volt Wiring Harness $12.95 x1

FUS-359 Fuse Holder $1.59 x1

FUS-ATO40 40 Amp Fuse $0.95 x1

MET-120V Voltmeter $14.95 x1

KIT-LABOR Labor to install matching connectors on every part of this kit and label them so all you have to do is plug everything together. $35.00 x1

--------------------------------------

Kit Total = $325.24

Kit Discount = $32.52

Kit Grand Total = $292.72

I did not see a battery charger on your parts list. If you need a battery charger please let me know what the Ah rating of your batteries are and I will add one to the kit and get you a new grand total.

Regarding the brake parts we have many different styles and sizes of handles, cables, rotors, pads, and calipers. If you know which brake parts you want then please let me know what their part numbers are and I will add them to the kit, or you could add the brake parts to the shopping cart separately from the kit and decide which ones to purchase at the time that the kit is purchased.

If the kit above looks good to you then please let me know and I will go ahead and create a link to purchase the kits at. If you want anything changed or added to the kit please let me know and I will update the parts list and give you a new price quote. Please let me know if you have any question.

Yes i will need brake 

1 caliper with pads : Item # BRK-480R

1 rotor: Item # BRK-512 

1 handle: Item # LEV-53L 

1 cable: Item # CBL-075

1 Adapter: Item # BRK-142

Also is it possible to add a reverse switch : Item # SWT-715 to this kit? ill go with it if it can be fit

and for the charger : Item # CHR-36V3AHS

thx and if everything is ok, i am ready to order 2 kits

I will add all of the brake parts that you listed to the kits.

I can add the SWT-715 reverse switch onto the kits however they are out of stock for around a week so the kits could not be made until they arrive. The SWT-715 goes between the controller and the motor, so we would need to know how long to make the wires between the reverse switch and the controller, and the reverse switch and the motor?

Also I would like to make sure that the 36 Volt 3 Amp charger will be the right size for your battery pack before I add it to the kit. A 36 Volt 3 Amp charger will recharge a battery pack made with three 12 Volt 18Ah or 22Ah batteries in around 6-8 hours, and a battery pack with three 12 Volt 35Ah batteries in around 12-16 hours. It is important to fully recharge the batteries between each use to prolong how long they will last before they need to be replaced. I am not sure what size batteries you are using. Does it sound like the 36 Volt 3 Amp charger will work for your project?

Hello

Yes i will use the 3 amp charger as i can see the only other option would be the 4.5 AH that is 3 times more expensive.

I will work with 2 battery pack so I'll hav 24 hour to get it fully charged.

For the reverse switches, if you have it by next week it will be fine.

I will need 6 ft of wire both sides.

I will also need a third panel mount switch witch is for another project.

Pls send me the total price so i can order it 

thx

I started building the kit and realized that I need to ask a few questions before I can finish it.

How much wire do you need between the toggle power switch and controller?

How much wire do you need between the battery charger port and the controller?

Do you want us to make a wiring harness for the battery pack?

If you want us to make a wiring harness for the battery pack please let me know how many feet of wire you need between the battery pack and controller, how long the jumper wires between the batteries needs to be, and what type of terminals (that will attach to the batteries) to install on the wiring harness (ring terminal for #10 stud, 1/4" push-on, etc.).

5 ft from both switch and charge port to controller

4 ft Pos and Neg main from Batt to controller.

circuit breaker at 2 ft in the Pos , so it be  2ft, CB, 2ft

I will do the Batt pack wiring myself. 

thx

Thank you for providing the wiring length specifications. I made the kit and it is ready to purchase. Here is a link to it:

KIT-148-B: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/36-volt-600-watt-electric-beach-cart-power-kit-with-reverse

The fuse holder is commonly used as a jumper wire between two of the batteries in the battery pack, so I included one with the kit that can be incorporated into the battery pack wiring harness when you are building it.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you would like any changes made to the kit.

Login or Signup to post a comment